Designed by renowned Detroit architect Louis Kamper (1861-1953), the structure was completed in 1928. Grell earned two commissions here. The first was for a large oval shaped mural for the first floor lobby supported by large columns. The second commission was for the fourth floor City Water Departments Board Room ceiling.
see also the Bank of Detroit
The Grell Family collection holds several “Neptune” mural studies by Louis Grell.
oil on canvas, large, Grell earned this commission through the George Hamilton Thomas studios based in Chicago.